Sap and Syrup Hydrometers
A maple syrup hydrometer is used to measure the density of maple syrup at a specific temperature. We offer hydrometers in the Brix Scale and the Baume Scale. Our hydrometers are custom made and are tested by the State of Vermont Department of Weights and Measures for accuracy.
Baume Scale 25º - 40º
Brix Scale 50º - 71º
The maple sap hydrometers are custom made for Leader Evaporator. They are offered in two size tall and short. The tall hydrometer is ideal for buying maple sap, While the short is good for the producer who would like to know what the sugar concentration is of their sap.
Elevating the standards of maple-industry hydrometers!
- Dual declaration scale: 45–75º BRIX at 60°F and 25–40 Baume at 60°F
- Smoky Lake exclusive scale design for unmatched legibility
- NO LEAD! The ballast is a food grade alloy.
- Stronger structure for enhanced resistance against breakage
- Hand-blown glassware
- Heat treated in a secondary process to remove unseen stresses
- Red indicator is blown into glass and gives peace of mind that your scale insert is properly positioned inside the hydrometer.
- Traceable serial numbers per the N.I.S.T. (National Institute of Standards and Technologies)
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) compliant
- Made in the USA